July 5 column: Garden Tour
Here is a link to my column in today’s edition of The Spokesman-Review: Organic abundance. It’s a preview of next Sunday’s Coeur d’Alene Garden Tour, which run’s from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Six gardens will be featured during the garden tour. Here are the addresses:
- 2456 E. Mountain Vista, Coeur d’Alene
- 1151 E. Warm Springs Ave., Post Falls
- 7260 N. Courcelles Parkway, Coeur d’Alene
- 7535 Mt. Carrol, Dalton
- 4860 Cuprum, Coeur d’Alene
- 959 7th St., Coeur d’Alene
See ticket information at the bottom of this post.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Teem “TJ” Scarborough’s garden. It was a beauty! He grows veggies and fruits very successfully so garden tour participants will learn a lot from his techniques. He’s also done a good job of keep the resident deer popular out of his garden, which is something most Inland Northwest residents will be interested in hearing about!
Here are photos (including the top one) of areas of his garden:
You can purchase tickets at any of the gardens on tour day, or at the following nurseries:
- Ace Hardware, 4th and Harrison, Coeur d’Alene (208) 667-9466
- Aspen Nursery, 6075 E. Commerce Loop, Post Falls (208) 667-7511
- Greenacres Nursery, Greenacres (509) 928-1922
- Mix It Up Gifts, 601 E. Front Ave., Coeur d’Alene (208) 667-8603
- New Leaf Nursery, Lancaster and Highway 95, Hayden (208) 762-4825
- Northland Nursery, 8093 W. Prairie Ave., Post Falls (208) 773-3247
- Northwest Seed &; Pet, 2422 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane (509) 534-0694
- Northwest Seed &; Pet, 7302 N. Division, Spokane (509) 484-7387
- Plant Land, 15614 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane Valley (509) 922-7618
- Van Hoff’s Garden Center, 1844 Government Way, Coeur d’Alene (208) 930-4424
- Westwood Gardens, 15825 N. Westwood Dr., Rathdrum (208) 687-5952
For more information, go to www.cdagardenclub.com or call (208) 664-0987; call (208) 661-0773 on tour day.