July 7 column: Coeur d’Alene Garden Tour
Here is a link to my column in today’s edition of The Spokesman-Review: CdA tour lets visitors explore others’ labors. As you can guess, it’s a preview of next Sunday’s (July 14th) Coeur d’Alene garden tour, which is put on by the Coeur d’Alene Garden Club.
I noticed that the information about the tour itself didn’t make it into the online version so here it is:
What: 16th Annual Coeur d’Alene Garden Tour
When: Next Sunday [July 14], from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tickets: $15 when purchased in advance at the nurseries below or $17 at any of the gardens on the day of the tour.
- Ace Hardware, 4th and Harrison, Coeur d’Alene (208) 667-9466
- Art & Home Center, 1619 W. Lee Ct., Coeur d’Alene (208) 665-7777
- Aspen Nursery, 6075 E. Commerce Loop, Post Falls (208) 667-7511
- Mix It Up Gifts, 601 E. Front Ave., Coeur d’Alene (208) 667-8603
- New Leaf Nursery, Lancaster and Highway 95, Hayden (208) 762-4825
- Northland Nursery, Highway 41 and Prairie, Post Falls (208) 773-3247
- Northwest Seed & Pet, 2422 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane (509) 534-0694
- Plant Land, 15614 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane Valley (509) 922-7618
- Van Hoff’s Garden Center, 1844 Government Way, Coeur d’Alene (208) 930-4424
- Westwood Gardens, 15825 N. Westwood Dr., Rathdrum (208) 687-5952
For more information, call (208) 664-0987 or (208) 699-1175
It’s always fun to go on this tour and they always have such stunning gardens to visit. I took the above photos while I was interviewing Claudia Lowry and Bob Bloem for this feature story. Their garden is AWESOME! Hope to see you on the tour.