June 9 column: Spokane in Bloom garden tour
Here is a link to my column in today’s edition of The Spokesman-Review: Trained eyes. It is about next Saturday’s (June 15th) Spokane in Bloom garden tour, which is put on by the Inland Empire Gardeners. It features six fabulous gardens on Spokane’s north side. There will also be four bonus attractions that tour attendees can visit along the way.
The gardens are located at:
- 7711 N. Panorama Dr.
- 3002 W. Trinity Ave.
- 3104 W. Trinity Ave.
- 7602 N. Audubon
- 3001 W. Mark Ct.
- 3503 W. Horizon Ave.
The tour runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets can be purchased for $10 at any of the gardens on the day of the tour, or at the following Spokane nurseries:
- · Blue Moon Garden & Nursery, 1732 S. Inland Empire Way
- · Gerry’s Trees, 2220 W. Strong Rd.
- · Gibson’s Nursery, 1401 S. Pines Rd
- · Green Thumb Nursery, 16816 E. Sprague Ave.
- · Judy’s Enchanted Garden, 2628 W. Northwest Blvd.
- · Mel’s Nursery, 8800 N. Division St.
- · Northwest Seed & Pet, 7302 N. Division St. and 2422 E. Sprague Ave.
- · Ritter’s Florist & Nursery, 10120 N. Division St.
- · Tower Perennial Gardens, 4010 E. Jamieson Rd.
For more information about the tour, go to www.tieg.org.